With roots deep in the Carolinas, South85 blends country, folk, southern rock, and bluegrass to give you a listening experience that you won’t soon forget. Driven by the original songwriting of Kathy Neal and the voice of Tracy Wyatt, South85 is in a classification all their own – radio worthy songs along with an atmosphere of a back-porch jam.
The marked “cowgirl” attitude and lifestyle exemplified by both Tracy and Kathy is interwoven throughout songs of independence, celebration of the south, hope, and plain old fun. South85’s sound is influenced by southern rock legends like Marshall Tucker Band, the Black Crowes, cross-genre Americana artists Old Crowe Medicine Show, Gillian Welch, and the sweet southern classics such as Tammy Wynette and Loretta Lynn. The band may blend a rocking electric stratocaster with a banjo or ease an acoustic ballad with dobro and mandolin with their varied sounds and themes.
- Winners of “Best local Folk, Bluegrass, or Country Band” – Spartanburg Spark – Best Local Music of 2008
- Winners of “Americana Showcase”- 2008 Charlotte Music Awards
- Winner of “Best Songwriter – Kathy Neal”- 2008 Charlotte Music Awards
- Nominated for “Best Country Artist”- 2008 Carolina Music Award
- Winners of “Most Promising Artist” & “Best Female Vocalist” – 2007 Charlotte Music Awards